The Esky Ec180-19 is a great choice when it comes to rear view backup cameras. It has a sleek design that is sophisticated and modern. It has night vision capabilities and is weatherproof. The nice part about this camera is that you do not have to drill any holes into your license plate. It comes in multiple pieces giving you total freedom in customizing the fit for your vehicle.
Makes backing up to a trailer a breeze.
Guidelines help you back into parking spaces easier.
Fast installation. No holes or drilling required!
Great customer service. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply let the team know and they will make it right!
It is waterproof. This design can withstand rain, fog, and snow.
It is inexpensive. It is also warrantied, so you won’t have to replace it all the time.
Low mounted license plates make the viewfinder almost useless as it cannot capture reliable images.
Heats up in some cases to the point of non-use.
The casing may be a bit lopsided and may need some modifications to sit straight.
It does not include the monitor.
LED lights may be too bright for some users.
My grid -lines are askew, what could be causing this? Your grid -lines might be askew because the casing for the camera is not on straight. You may need to loosen the screws and realign. Can the guidelines be turned off? No, the guidelines are built into the software and cannot be removed. Will this camera work with any monitor? The monitor must have a NTSC video input to work properly. What viewing angle can I realistically expect from a 180 degree viewfinder? Roughly about 140 degree of viewing space. This may create a fishbowl effect, however, it will fill in all blind spots for you. Does the package include everything I need to install it? Yes, the package includes all of the wires needed to install the camera. Does this camera stay on all the time? No, the camera only is in use as you are reversing.
Final Verdict: This camera is going to give the the largest range at 180 degrees. It also includes 2 LED lights with night vision capabilities. Driving in the dark has never been safer. The slim design makes it easy to install and virtually invisible once it is installed. The metal brackets make it easily attachable to any license plate. This is a sleek aftermarket camera and is a smart choice for anyone interested in motor vehicle safety and ease of use. Be a hero and give this as a gift to your loved one today!
Esky CMOS PC1030 Image Sensor is a unique backup camera design. It has a large viewing area at 170 degrees, making it stand out from the competition. This image sensor is built into a metal license plate holder, making it study and discreet. It is weatherproof and has recording options. The best thing about this backup camera is that it has great high definition images even in the dark! The camera has infrared lights attached making night vision a breeze. The Esky CMOS PC1030 is great for people with a U.S. license plate that need a backup camera.
1. Eliminates Blind Spots- This camera is extremely good at eliminating blind spots. The camera has infrared LED lights making it great to use at night time. It also has a 170 degree viewfinder, making it almost impossible to miss anything! Once the camera is installed on your back bumper, you can tilt the lens up and down for the best view possible! It allows the driver to see virtually everything that could be an issue when reversing their vehicle. The camera also allows for mirror images to be viewed. For having one of the widest views in the industry, it is definitely worth the price.
2. Unique Design- This design is not seen in many cameras. The device is made from high quality products including a metal finish. The heavy duty design is chrome plated. It has been designed to withstand the test of time. The plate has the camera securely attached and fits every U.S. license plate. The camera is surrounded with infrared LED lights on the top of the license plate frame. The lens is adjustable and is housed inside the metal frame for additional security and protection from the elements. The camera is waterproof and can withstand rain and even extreme weather conditions.
3. Great Customer Service- The customer service with Esky is unmatched. If you are ever unsatisfied with your product, Esky will make it right. If your camera is broken or needs replaced, just contact them and they will make it right. Most requests are met within 24 hours. The camera has a full warranty for added confidence when purchasing. This camera includes a manual that will help you when installing, however, if that does not help then you can reach out to the customer support team. Many reoccurring issues can be resolved by reading the FAQ’s and the owners manual. The most important reminder for this camera is to buy the proper monitor to view the images correctly. It also needs to be installed properly to prevent water damage.
4. Distance Scale Lines- The scale lines are superimposed guide lines that appear over your backup image. These guidelines help you keep your car straight as you reverse. They also tell you relatively how far you are away from an object. The guidelines also have a built-in trapezoid electronic ruler function. This makes the guidelines more precise and more reliable. No other camera is going to give you the exact guides like this Esky. This camera is highly color sensitive and needs a NTSC video system to display the proper coloration. The guidelines are in color, so this is pertinent for a superb image.
5. Security System Capability- This camera is able to be plugged into a security system. The camera can be set to recording mode. This means that the camera can record video that can then be viewed later. In dodgier parts of the country, this camera can catch a thief, see if anyone comes onto the premises where the vehicle is parked, and other reasons. The camera is low profile and will not draw attention, making it the last place a criminal would look for a camera. The added protection that a surveillance system brings just adds more value to this backup camera.
This is an inexpensive camera.
LED lights make it easy to see at night.
Built-in technology to help gauge distance.
Huge and adjustable viewing area.
Easy installation includes everything you need besides the monitor.
RCA output links directly with most monitors.
Only supports the NTSC video system, so your monitor must support the NTSC system as well.
The coloration of the camera can be a bit off. For example, trees can be pink in the daytime.
If not sealed properly, water can damage the camera easily.
The design may not work if your vehicle has license plate lights.
The license plate design may cover up parts of your license plate that are illegal to cover. You may be stopped by a police officer and asked to remove it for covering information on your tag.
Does this camera come with all the wires needed? Yes. The camera comes with all wires needed to get a proper image on a display from the camera. What type of monitor will this work best with? This camera can work with any monitor that has a RCA jack. Does this camera record video? Yes. Simply plug in the camera to a CCTV video recording system for a security system. Does this camera come with a monitor? No. You will need to buy a separate monitor for this system. How is the camera turned on? The camera is controlled by the reverse gear shift. Can you use this camera in bad weather? Yes, this camera can withstand rain, snow, and fog. Will this camera work with a JVC- DIVX? Yes, it will. Is there a manual that shows you how to seal the camera? Yes, without proper sealing during installation, you may experience water leakage and damage. What are the product dimensions? 13.5″x 7.9″x 1.5″.
Final Verdict: This interesting design is appealing and is easy to install. The backup camera has infrared lights that make night vision simple. This is a great camera that eliminates blind spots. The camera gives the viewernthe ability to see up to 170 degrees with precision you won’t find in any other camera. The surveillance option makes this camera more versatile and more valuable. The heavy duty design far surpasses it’s competition. With the positive customer experience and the great customer support this is a reliable buy.
Esky EC135-05 Waterproof High Definition Backup Camera is a cost effective way to get great night vision viewing. This camera is a top seller on Amazon, and for good reason. The camera comes with infrared lights that are perfect for night vision. It also can be mounted on the front or rear of your vehicle. This camera is waterproof and comes with a great warranty. All you need to do is install and drive! The Esky EX135-05 makes it easy and fun to drive safely.
1. Reliable and Friendly Customer Service- It will be hard to find a camera that offers better customer support. The customer care team for the Esky is available and answers any request within 24 hours. If you need help installing, you have someone available to walk you through it. If you camera broke, you can call someone right away. There is also a 30 money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product. You can try it out and see if you like it. The camera also comes standard with a 12 month warranty on all parts, and has lifetime support. Most customer support issues are handled via e-mail. If you need a replacement, the customer service team makes sure that you receive a new one in a timely fashion. For the little amount you are spending, you will not be disappointed!
2. Night Vision- One of the most defining aspects of the Esky EC135-05 is its night vision capabilities. Many customers have experienced the freedom this provides. It can see objects feet away, so you can rest easy knowing you wont be running anything over. You can be guaranteed safe driving with the 7 infrared LED lights that are surrounding the camera. Very few cameras on the market are able to offer this type of lighting system, so the Esky has definitely set itself apart!
3. Easy Installation- This camera can be mounted anywhere on the reverse side of your vehicle. It has an adjustable lens, so that after you have it mounted, you can make sure you are getting the image you want. You do not have to drill holes in your car or license plate for the camera to be installed properly. It comes with all the cables and wires required, so you wont have to pick anything else up at the store. The video output wire connects easily to your cars display or external monitor.
4. Compact Design and Wiring System- This camera packs a lot of punch in a fairly streamlined design. The LED lights surround the camera and still maintains a low profile. The wires are long enough to fit most any vehicle, and are straight forward in their functionality. The wiring system allows you to customize when your backup camera turns on. If you want the camera to stay on all the time or just when you are in reverse, it is possible with this wiring system. It comes with one positive wire and one negative wire. One is red and the other is black. The wiring system is so simple that you can have your new camera working in less than an hour. You will need a separate monitor to display images on.
5. High Quality Image and Large Viewing Angle- The viewing angle on the lens is large. You get a 135 degree viewfinder, so that nothing is out of your sight. The lens is also adjustable to the height of your vehicle. This means that you can see any object on the ground behind your vehicle. The camera also provides colored lines on your images to detail how much space you have as you are backing. The camera provides high resolution images that make it the perfect choice. the LED lights make this camera very bright and effective when driving at night.
This camera is very inexpensive.
It helps the driver see at night time.
The camera has a great warranty.
RCA jack connectors make this camera universal.
The LED lighting system make this one of the brightest cameras on the market today.
It does not get reliable results. Some customers have had issues with the camera filling with water.
This camera does not include a monitor.
Picks up on license plate lights that can cause halos on the camera. This camera needs to be installed
properly and away from lights to work best.
The camera is long and may cover pertinent parts of a license plate.
Is the camera waterproof? Yes. The camera is waterproof and can withstand most conditions. Will this camera work in my vehicle? Yes. This is a universal camera that attaches with a standard RCA jack. Does it have reverse line guides? This camera offers lines that will show you how much room you have, and where you need to angle your wheels while you turn so that you do not hit other cars or curbs. Do I have to manually turn the camera on? No. You can connect it to your back up lights. This will ensure that your camera turns on only when you are backing up. Is it wireless? No, this is a wired camera system.
This backup camera is one of the best values you will find! It is very inexpensive and includes a lot of great quality technology to make backing up day or night easy and fun. This camera is great for people who need to be able to see in the dark because they do a lot of night driving. It is universal and will fit on any vehicle with an RCA jack, making it very popular. If you ever need help, the customer care department will be able to walk you through any issues. They also provide a one year warranty, so you can rest assured that you are buying a real solution for your backup camera needs!