The Esky Ec180-19
The Esky Ec180-19 is a great choice when it comes to rear view backup cameras. It has a sleek design that is sophisticated and modern. It has night vision capabilities and is weatherproof. The nice part about this camera is that you do not have to drill any holes into your license plate. It comes in multiple pieces giving you total freedom in customizing the fit for your vehicle.
- Night Vision- If you have ever tried to back up at night, you know what a nightmare it can be. You may even need to get out of your car before you are done backing just to make sure that you are not going to hit anything. With this camera, you get 2 LED lights that will make is very easy to see where you are going. Put this on the rear bumper of your vehicle and never have to wonder again if you are going to hit a curb. Imagine backing out of your garage at midnight with no lights on. You will be able to ease out of your garage with confidence because when you look into your monitor, you will see everything behind you just like it was daytime! This is a required feature for night time drivers.
- Easy Installation- This device is easy to install. It comes in multiple pieces with all of the wires and power that it needs to run. You will not have to drill any holes into your license plate or rear bumper for this camera to be placed correctly. The multiple pieces allow you to customize the fit to your vehicle. If your license plate is low to the ground, it may be wise to install it in another location to get the best view. After it is installed, just adjust the camera for the best view! If you do not feel comfortable with electronic wiring, just take this into your local auto mechanic and he can get it installed in less than an hour.
- 180 Degree Viewing- This is Esky’s widest range yet. 180 degrees of full view finding. This means that all of your blind spots will be eliminated. You will be able to see cars on the side of your vehicle as you back up. The guidelines will help increase your effective backing. The camera also comes with a 45 degree adjustable lens for optimal viewing. You will not have to worry about not getting what you want to view into the picture from the smallest child toy to your dog! It takes some getting used to because other cameras typically just give a limited view.
- Great Customer Support- The customer support on this device is first class. You will receive a 30 day money back guarantee to ensure that you are satisfied. All parts are covered with a 12 month warranty and lifetime support. Your requests will be handled within 24 hours. Most people never have to use this support, but if you do they will be there for you.
- Low Profile Design- This design is so low profile, you will forget it is there. It is nearly impossible to see once it has been installed, and sits flush with your license plate. The design is also waterproof, so once it is attached to your car, you will not have to remember that it is there! The camera includes a metal frame, making it easy to install. It comes with what you need to make a customized fit. The camera is a svelte black color that blends into most vehicles without looking like an addition. For an aftermarket camera, this one looks like a million bucks.
Makes backing up to a trailer a breeze.
Guidelines help you back into parking spaces easier.
Fast installation. No holes or drilling required!
Great customer service. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply let the team know and they will make it right!
It is waterproof. This design can withstand rain, fog, and snow.
It is inexpensive. It is also warrantied, so you won’t have to replace it all the time.
Low mounted license plates make the viewfinder almost useless as it cannot capture reliable images.
Heats up in some cases to the point of non-use.
The casing may be a bit lopsided and may need some modifications to sit straight.
It does not include the monitor.
LED lights may be too bright for some users.
My grid -lines are askew, what could be causing this? Your grid -lines might be askew because the casing for the camera is not on straight. You may need to loosen the screws and realign. Can the guidelines be turned off? No, the guidelines are built into the software and cannot be removed. Will this camera work with any monitor? The monitor must have a NTSC video input to work properly. What viewing angle can I realistically expect from a 180 degree viewfinder? Roughly about 140 degree of viewing space. This may create a fishbowl effect, however, it will fill in all blind spots for you. Does the package include everything I need to install it? Yes, the package includes all of the wires needed to install the camera. Does this camera stay on all the time? No, the camera only is in use as you are reversing.
Final Verdict: This camera is going to give the the largest range at 180 degrees. It also includes 2 LED lights with night vision capabilities. Driving in the dark has never been safer. The slim design makes it easy to install and virtually invisible once it is installed. The metal brackets make it easily attachable to any license plate. This is a sleek aftermarket camera and is a smart choice for anyone interested in motor vehicle safety and ease of use. Be a hero and give this as a gift to your loved one today!